Our clients receive:
- Qualified Appraisals for gifts of all types of life insurance and commercial annuities
- Completion of IRS Form 8283 (Noncash Charitable Contribution)
- Insurance policy and company due diligence analysis for charitable donees’ Annual Policy Review Service
The IRS requires the use of a qualified appraiser for charitable gifts of donated property with a fair market value of more than $5,000. We also provide appraisals for all life insurance and annuity contracts as well as assistance with the required IRS Forms. For additional information regarding qualified appraisals and appraiser, please refer to Section 1.170A-13(c) and form 8283 Instructions.
$350 per policy
Multiple Policy Appraisal
$200 each additional policy
$100 per policy
Please call for rates.
- Basic fee assumes all information listed on the insurance appraisal form has been provided.
- Multiple insurance appraisal rate applies if two policies or more are appraised in the same tax year. The policies must be donated to the same charity by the same donor, although the insured and insurance companies involved do not need to be the same.
- Average turnaround time is 5 to 8 business days. If an appraisal is required in 5 business days or less, a rush fee will apply, and includes normal overnight charges to the donor or charity.
- Charities who receive a substantial number of insurance gifts each year may request an annual retainer account.