Our clients receive:
- Qualified appraisals for gifts of all types of virtual currencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple by a Ph.D. and a Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP).
- Completion of IRS Form 8283 (Noncash Charitable Contribution)
- Currency due diligence analysis for charitable donees’ review services
The IRS requires the use of a qualified appraiser for charitable gifts of donated property with a fair market value of more than $5,000. We also provide appraisals for all Bitcoin and virtual currency donations, as well as assistance with the required IRS Forms. For additional information regarding qualified appraisals and appraiser, please refer to Section 1.170A-13(c) and IRS form 8283 Instructions.
$600 per appraisal
Multiple Currency Appraisal
$350 each additional appraisal
$100 per appraisal
Please call for rates.
- The Basic Appraisal rate assumes all information regarding ownership has been provided, including the quantity, type, and length of ownership.
- Multiple currency appraisal rate applies if two currencies or more are appraised in the same tax year. The currencies must be donated to the same charity by the same donor, although the currency exchanges and wallets involved do not need to be the same.
- Average turnaround time is 5 to 8 business days. If an appraisal is required in 5 business days or less, a rush fee will apply, and includes normal overnight charges to the donor or charity.
- Charities who receive a substantial number of Bitcoin and virtual currency gifts each year may request an annual retainer account.